Oh Hello everyone, Welcome back to my blog!
Today is Day #3 of Taylored Expressions April release sneak peek. Hope you enjoyed day #1 and day #2 sneak peeks and by now already have a long list to purchase upon release. I don’t blame ya! There is more to come today. As always I have two projects to share today. The first one showcases a new concept to Taylored Expressions called the Cutting Edge. You will know when you see my card. There are three stamp sets and coordinating dies released in this series. The Cutting Edge – Flowers, The Cuttting Edge – Stars and the Cutting Edge – Balloons. My card showcases The Cutting Edge-Flowers.
Here is how I made this card:
- I stamped the image from the Cutting Edge Flowers stamp set about the top of a Sugar Cube card panel trimmed to 4″x 5.25″ in size.
- I coloured the flowers using copic marker pens.
- Then used the coordinating die to cut out the image. The die only cuts the top part of the flowers and edges of the panel. So there is the rest of the panel fully intact with the flower image die cut on the top. How awesome is that? I have used it in the portrait orientation but the set and die can be used in the landscape orientation as well.
- I black heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set below the flowers.
- The card base is made out of Toffee cardstock. I used the tiny images from the stamp set to stamp on the top portion of the card front using Toffee dye ink. This gives nice tone on tone subtle background on the top exposed portion of the card base.
- On the white die cut panel, I wrapped natural twine and made a bow.
- I added Candy Corn TE enamel shapes to the centre of the bow and couple next to it.
- This panel is adhered to the card front using foam adhesives.
- I added glossy accents to the flower centres for added dimension.
Here are some closeups of the card.
All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
The second project uses the new and fun Chomp stamp & die combo along with the new Hole Punch cutting plate.
Here is how I made this card:
- I stamped the hole punch image thrice and coloured them using copic markers.
- Then I die cut them using the coordinating die.
- I white heat embossed the sentiment from the stamp set using TE white detailed embossing powder on Oreo cardstock. Then die cut using the Double Ended Flag die.
- For the background, I die cut a Sugar Cube panel using the new Hole Punch cutting plate and sponged the new Guava ink using the Clarity brush in ombre fashion.
- To assemble the card, I adhered the background hole punch panel on Sugar Cube card base using foam adhesive.
- I then glued the three hole punch image into a cluster and adhered to the background panel as shown in the picture above.
- The sentiment strip is adhered using foam adhesive.
Here are couple of closeups.
All supplies used to make this card are listed below.
Hope you liked my sneak peek projects today. Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with a giveaway during each day of sneak peeks! Visit the TE Blog to answer Taylor’s Question of the Day for a chance to win one of the latest products before you can buy it!
For a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS when you purchase our Stencil Bundle which includes all 6 of our new stencil designs! If you’re not a Crafty Points member, it’s free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you’re automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You’ll earn 84 Crafty Points on the purchase of our Stencil bundle! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CDT on Thursday, April 5, 2018 and 11:59 pm CDT on Sunday, April 8, 2018 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.
Check out TE blog for more design team sneak peeks and leave them some love. See you tomorrow with release projects. Have a lovely day!