Welcome back to my blog. Hope you are having a great week!
Today I am showcasing two projects using two new products from the release. The first one is a cutting plate called Rosette cutting plate. This is a beautiful floral cutting plate which can be used both in portrait and landscape orientation. I have used in landscape orientation here combining with the new Majestic stencil, Cutting Edge Flowers stamp set and Caps Lock Mom die.
Here is how I made this card.
- The card base is the new Guava cardstock. I love this new coral colour. TE has both the cardstock as well as dye ink release this Thursday.
- For the background, I sponged Worn Liptstick, Cracked Pistachio and Squeezed Lemonade distress oxide inks diagonally. Then I laid the new Majestic stencil on the panel and sponged the same colours over the stencil but with a bit more ink and pressure. There is a tone on tone effect with the stencil. Love it.
- Then I die cut three of the Rosette cutting plate die using Sugar Cube cardstock panels. Then stacked and glued them to get some dimension. I adhered this on the background panel.
- This entire panel is adhered on the Guava card base.
- For the sentiment I die cut Caps Lock Mom die using Sugar Cube cardstock and sponged Guava and Strawberry Milkshake TE dye ink. Love the coral to pink ombre on the die cuts. I adhered this to the centre of the card front using foam adhesives.
- The secondary sentiment is from Cutting Edge Flowers stamp set which I white heat embossed suing the new detailed white embossing powder from TE on a strip of Oreo cardstock. I adhered this strip on the MOM die cut sentiment.
- Finally to tie in the black strip, I added some Oreo enamel shapes.
Here are the closeups of the card.
All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
The second card showcase the new Beautiful Bloom stencil along with the new Bloomer 8 die. This is another mom card. I have used the stencil subtly on the background to texture.
Here is how I made the card:
- I sponged white embossing paste on the Beautiful Bloom stencil on the right side and left side of a Sugar cube panel. I sponged it randomly just to add texture to the panel.
- I smooshed Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce distress ink on TE watercolour paper and die cut a few using TE Leafy Branch die.
- Similarly I smooshed Mustard Seed and Fossilised Amber distress inks on TE watercolour paper and die cut a few florals using the new Bloomer 8 dies. I assembled the outline on the base of the floral using glue. Then I made two large and a small clusters of flowers and leaves.
- I also die cut Caps Lock Mom die using sugar cube cardstock and sponged Guava ink in ombre fashion.
- To assemble the card, I adhered the MOM die cut in the centre of the panel using foam adhesives. Followed by the the cluster of flowers and leaves as shown in the picture.
- Finally added Strawberry Milkshake enamel shapes to tie in with the guava coloured large sentiment.
- The whole panel is adhered to the Sugar Cube card base.
Here are some of the closeups
Again all supplies used to make this card are listed below.
Hope you liked my sneak peek projects today. Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with a giveaway during each day of sneak peeks! Visit the TE Blog to answer Taylor’s Question of the Day for a chance to win one of the latest products before you can buy it!
For a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS when you purchase our Stencil Bundle which includes all 6 of our new stencil designs! If you’re not a Crafty Points member, it’s free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you’re automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You’ll earn 84 Crafty Points on the purchase of our Stencil bundle! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CDT on Thursday, April 5, 2018 and 11:59 pm CDT on Sunday, April 8, 2018 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.
Check out TE blog for more design team sneak peeks and leave them some love. See you tomorrow with Day #3 sneak peak projects. Have a lovely day!