Hey friends, Welcome back to my blog.
I am so excited to share my projects using Taylored Expressions April release products.
This release is one of my favourites. Here is why:
- Taylored Expressions are introducing stencils this release. Yay! There are six stencils released this release. I am so excited about the stencils as they are cheap and versatile product to use to make your own background and add colour or texture to the projects. You will see projects along the next three days using some of the stencils released.
- Another brand new product introducing this month is Mixed Media dies. These dies are black in colour and are thicker. They cut through multiple layers of cardstocks, leather, chipboard and fabrics without fraying the edges of the fabric. How cool is that?
- We also now have six embossing powders released. These are detailed embossing powders to emboss detailed images and sentiment. The colours are White, Clear, Black, Rose Gold, Gold and Silver. I love these embossing powders and I have used them on projects throughout the sneak peek.
- Apart from all of these there are some awesome background stamps which you can colour to your heart’s content. New concepts stamp and dies are also part of the release, details of which I will share in the sneak peek posts this week.
- Finally, I am so happy that Taylored Expressions brought out Autism themed stamp sets and dies. This is close to my heart having children with Autism in the extended family as well as being an Autism Educator.
As always, I will be sharing two projects with you today. April being the National Autism Awareness month, TE has a few fantastic Autism themed products release. Puzzle Piece is nationally recognised symbol for Autism. So we have two puzzle dies in the release. One is called Little Bits: Puzzle Pieces and the other is Puzzled Cutting Plate. I am using the cutting plate along with Look With Your Heart stamp set to make my card below.
here is how I made this card:
- I sponged a Sugar Cube panel with Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade and Worn Liptstick distress oxide inks. I chose distress oxide inks because, I want spatters and also stamped the new ColorMe background stamp on the panel. I want a lot on the background but in a subtle way. In a way this is how a person or child with Autism Spectrum disorders are. They have lots on their thoughts but unable to communicate them clearly.
- So I added clean clear water and dabbed the excess off the background panel, then sprayed the new ColorMe background stamp with water and stamped on the sponged panel. This lifts the colour off the sponged background showing a subtle ColorMe background design. Then I heat set the panel to dry.
- Using the new Puzzled Cutting Plate, I die cut this panel. The pieces are attached at the centre to the other pieces making it easy to adhere to the card base. You can always trim the pieces if you like so you can sponge each piece different colour.
- Then I die cut the second largest heart die from Stitched Heart Stacklet using TE heavy weight vellum paper and black heat embossed the sentiment from Look With Your Heart stamp set. I love this sentiment. This sentiment is so true. Look at them with your heart and you can understand Autism and also what the child or person is communicating with you. I stamped the sentiment using MISTI on the vellum using Oreo hybrid ink and again using Versamark ink and heat embossed using black embossing powder.
- I added liquid glue to the back of the sentiment on the vellum heart die cut and adhered on the background.
- I added a few TE enamel shapes in Candy Corn,Cookie Monster and Granny Smith colours.
Here are some closeups of the card.
For National Autism Awareness day, TE will be donating 25% of the profits from the sale of every Look with Your Heart Stamp set to the National Autism Society throughout the month of April. All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
The second project is fun one. Unicorns are everywhere-clothes, shoes, makeup, decor…. Keeping with the Unicorn trend, TE has brand new Build a Unicorn die set. When I saw it, I died! LOL! Such a adorable die set. You have an angled unicorn and a portrait unicorn to build with this die set. I have made a portrait unicorn and combined it with the new Stitched Frame Stacklet 2 dies, Be a Unicorn Stamp set and Scattered Stars stencil on my card below.
Here is how I made this card:
- Unicorn = Pastel+glitter for me. So I used glitter cardstock as well as sugar cube cardstock to die cut the pieces of the unicorn. For the mane of the Unicorn, I used copic markers to colour and then brushed with Wink of Stella shimmer. How gorgeous is that mane? Love it.
- I had Glitzy Matt glitter paper pad in my stash. I used the grey matt glitter paper from the pad for the face of the unicorn, black glitter for the eyes, gold glitter paper for the horn, stars and the stitched circle frame. The inner ear is die cut using Sugar Cube cardstock and coloured using copic marker and Wink of Stella shimmer pen. Same with the nose of the Unicorn.
- For the background panel, I sponged Hickory Smoke distress ink over Scattered Stars stencil for subtle starry background.
- Then assembled the circular frame, Unicorn and stars as shown using foam adhesives for the circular frame and Unicorn. Glue for the stars.
- I put this panel on MISTI and stamped the sentiment using TE Earl Grey dye ink and stamped over it with Versamark to heat emboss using TE’s Detailed Clear embossing powder.
- This panel is mounted on Sugar Cube card base. I just let the Unicorn be the highlight of the card.
Here are some closeups of the card.
All supplies used to make this card are listed below.
Hope you liked my sneak peek projects today. Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with a giveaway during each day of sneak peeks! Visit the TE Blog to answer Taylor’s Question of the Day for a chance to win one of the latest products before you can buy it!
For a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS when you purchase our Stencil Bundle which includes all 6 of our new stencil designs! If you’re not a Crafty Points member, it’s free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you’re automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You’ll earn 84 Crafty Points on the purchase of our Stencil bundle! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CDT on Thursday, April 5, 2018 and 11:59 pm CDT on Sunday, April 8, 2018 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.
Check out TE blog for more design team sneak peeks and leave them some love. See you tomorrow with Day #2 sneek peak projects. Have a lovely day!