Oh Hello everyone! How are you? Are you ready for the weekend? I am because after a long time I have nothing preplanned for the weekend. I have the whole two days to myself. Hubby is working and son is away on his rural medical volunteering. It is going to be me and my daughter and of course Charlie. No major cooking or cleaning. Lots of craft time. Looking forward to getting few projects done.
In the mean time, I have a card using the new stencils from Altenew. They had a mini release of stencils and washi tapes. I loved both of them and bought a few. I should say, their shipping is lightning fast and very reasonably priced. So happy and thank you very much for awesome customer service. So I played with their Watercolour Bouquet stencil to make this card.
Here is how I made this card:
- I used Tonic Nuvo Mousse in Lilac Lavendar colour to sponge in the base layer and Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Tanzanite Lavender colour as the detail layer. I used a larger white cardstock panel and covered the entire panel by placing the stencil in different directions. I had to apply the glimmer paste in sections. I waited for each sections to dry and applied the other. It didn’t take very long as I multitasked while cooking dinner.
- Once dry, I trimmed the cardstock to 4″x5.25″ in size. I love the colours and texture of the Watercolour Bouquet but the stark contrast of the white background did not sit well with me. So I sponged Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry distress oxide inks on the background and added texture through water spatters.
- While the colours on the background were great, the mousse layer blended into the background. So I used a black fineliner to trace over the outline of the base layer of the Watercolour Bouquets. I now like the definition of the stenciled Watercolour Bouquets on the panel.
- I adhered this panel on a white cardbase using foam adhesives.
- The sentiment is from Half Tone Hello stamp set. I don’t have very many sentiments stamp set and dies from Altenew. Need to get some new ones. Anyway, I stamped the large Half Tone Hello image on white cardstock using Mermaid Lagoon and Wilted Violet distress oxide inks. These colours are the same colours in the Tanzanite Lavendar glimmer paste. I die cut using the coordinating die.
- I stacked glued a few white hello die cuts behind the stamped half tone Hello die cut and then glued this entire stack slightly offset on top of a black Halftone Hello die cut. This gives a shadow effect.
- I used the same colour distress oxide inks to stamp the secondary sentiment on a strip of white cardstock. I adhered the sentiments on the middle of the panel as shown.
- Finally embellished using clear droplets.
Some closeup of the card.
I absolutely loved how this card turned out. Purple is not my go to colour but because it is the colour of the year by Pantone, I am trying to work with the colour. I love the rich royal purple but not the lilacs and violets. I love mixing lilacs and violets with blues and pinks which works better for me. Hope you enjoyed this card as much as I do.
All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
Thanks so much for stopping by!