Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the It Must be Love Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is
Add A Die Cut
We are showcasing Penny Black Products this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 gift voucher to one randomly selected winner to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
Well, I just cannot add one die cut to my card, can I? Especially Penny Black dies. I added two of them on m card for the challenge below.
Here is how I made the card:
1.Card base is Simon’s Fog cardstock. My favourite neutral colour cardstock next to white.
2. On a black cardstock, I clear heat embossed the new SImon’s Cosmos background stamp. Love tone on tone embossed background.
3. I then brushed the images with some Nuvo clear shimmer pen and die cut the background using the largest of Simon’s stitched rectangle die. I adhered this background panel on the fog card front using foam adhesives.
4. I die cut heavy vellum paper using the one of the die from Simon’s Nested Talk Bubbles die set.
5. Then using Simon’s Gold glitter paper, I die cut Penny Black’s Lots of Love die and adhered on the vellum talk bubble die cut.
6. To add colour to the card, I die cut the Flinches birds from Penny Black using white cardstock and sponged distress inks Picked Raspberry and Ripe Persimmon. I layered the die cut and adhered on top of the die cut gold sentiment as shown.
7. For the eyes, I added Ebony Nuvo drops and when it dried, I added a touch of white using sakura gel pen.
8. Finally embellished with onyx sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Here are some closeups of the card.
I love the tone on tone background with embossing and the pop of colour from the birds.
All the supplies used to make this card are listed below for you.
So now it’s YOUR turn to take out your crafty supplies and join in!
Do you use Instagram ? If so please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven’t subscribed by email you may want to so you don’t miss out.
You have until Wed 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
New creations only, please don’t link projects published before the start of the challenge, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.
Thanks for stopping by and I cannot wait to see what you make for the challenge.