Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Layer It Up Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too. This week the challenge is
We are showcasing Art Impressions Products this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
I was browsing through Art Impressions products and I came across this cute Doggy Kisses Stamp Set. I love all their stamps but this one i instantly knew its coming home to me.Any dog set I have to have it in my collection. When I bought the set, I didn’t know my cocker will have health problems. He was a happy healthy baby. But yesterday he was diagnosed with early cataract and also sadly early Progressive Retinal Atrophy. Since late december last year, we have been noticing that he keeps bumping into objects and also refuses to climb down the stairs at night in the dark. So we took him to the eye specialist and hence the diagnoses. No intervention to be done now. He will become blind in 4 to 5 years. 🙁 I am very sad for him. This card is for Charlie, my baby.
This is a one layer card and here is how I made it.
- I stamped the dog image on a white cardstock panel.
- I also made a mask of the same image using masking paper and adhered on the stamped image on the panel.
- Then I blended Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry and Peeled Paint distress oxide inks on the background of the panel. I also added clean clear water to the background to add texture.
- I removed the mask and coloured the dog image using copic markers. I used E97, E99 and E37 for the dog. C4,C2 and C0 for the cone and bandage and W5,W3and W0 for the shadow and grounding of the dog.
- Using the same distress oxide inks, I stamped the paw image from the stamp set on the background to give subtle interest using tone on tone colours.
- Then I die cut the panel using the largest of the MFT Inside Out diagonal rectangle die. Love the embossed detail on the edges.
- Then using mini MISTI, I stamped the main sentiment and the “Ouch” sentiment using Versafine Onyx black ink.
- I adhered the completed panel on Fog card base using foam adhesive. Thats it!
Love how this turned out. Here are some closeups.
One layer is something I have been loving to do lately. Plus the vibrant colours makes my day. Hope you like this card. All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
So now it’s YOUR turn to take out your crafty supplies and join in!
Do you use Instagram ? If so please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven’t subscribed by email you may want to so you don’t miss out.
You have until Wed 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
New creations only, please don’t link projects published before the start of the challenge, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!