Hello friends! I am sharing with you a non traditional valentine’s day card with you today. By non traditional, I mean I have not used pinks and reds on my card. There is a bit of blush colour which again is not traditionally used on valentine’s day cards. This card is made using my favourite Mandala 2 background stamp from Taylored Expressions.
I love the Mandala Background stamps released last month. There are two of them. Love both of them. Here I have used the #2 stamp.
Here is how I made this card:
- I used TE watercolour paper and gold heat embossed the Mandala 2 background stamp. MISTI is the best way to get good coverage of the image using versamark ink on the paper. I did double stamp it.
- I used Zig clean colour brush pens to colour the embossed image. The colour choices are based on the interior decor trends at the moment – Navy and Blush. They are gorgeous with gold I will tell you. Love love this colour combo. I used Dull Blue and Blush.
- I used a tiny amount of the pigment from the pens and diluted the pigment with water using the water brush. I let the water draw the pigment, settle and dry. The heat embossing gives walls and corners for the pigments to go settle giving a few darker shades and few lighter shades of the same colour. Gorgeous variation.
- I trimmed this panel a bit and adhered to Blue Corn card base.
- For the sentiment, I white heat embossed the sentiment form Simply Said Valentine’s stamp set on to Blue Corn cardstock and die cut using Sentiment Stacker 1 die and adhered on the centre of the Mandala 2 image.
Here are some closeups of the card.
I hope you like my non traditional Valentine’s day card.
All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.