I played along Kathy from TheDailyMarker.com’s 30 day Coloring Challenge. Today is day #1 of the challenge.
I really wanted to participate in the challenge this time. Usually I start off with good intention but drop off after couple of days because life gets busy. This time around even if it is late in the evening, I plan to colour atleast one small image. So late last night I coloured four of the critter images from Simon’s Best Friends stamp set. This morning I made this card using those coloured images and the new Simon’s stencil called Square Dance.
This is how I made the card:
- I adhered the Square Dance stencil on a white panel temporarily and sponged distress oxide inks. The inks I used here are Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Spiced marmalade and Fossilised Amber.
- While the stencil is still adhered on the panel, I spattered water and dabbed off the excess to add texture to the background. I then removed the stencil.
- I trimmed the panel and adhered on black card base.
- The sentiments are from Stained Glass Love stamp set which I white heat embossed on black cardstock and die cut using the coordinating die.
- The large sentiment is first adhered near the bottom of the sponged panel on the card front using foam adhesive.
- The critters were hand cut and adhered as shown in the picture above.
- I adhered the small sentiment strip on top of the hedgehog image as if he is holding the sentiment crookedly.
- The black sequins brings all the black elements together.I enhanced the eyes of the critters using black glaze pen. And some shimmer on the large sentiment.
Here are some closeups.
I love everything about this card. Just came together beautifully. You know when you don’t have the time yet somehow squeeze in time to make a card because you really want to and that card turns out perfect? This is one of those cards 🙂 All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.