Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Masculine Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week we are challenging you to
Whether you choose to heat or dry emboss or you might like to emboss with paste or use an embossing tool. Whichever technique you choose to use we will be looking forward to seeing your creations!
This week we are showcasing WOW Products. You don’t have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store.
I want to take embossing to a different level by using WOW Glow in the Dark embossing powder. Normally the glow in the dark embossing powder is used on Halloween cards but I decided to use it on an encouragement card.
I used Simon Says Stamp Running with you Heart stamp set to create my card for the challenge. Here is how I made the card:
- Neenah Solar White is the card base as well as the stitched rectangle panel.
- I stamped the edges of the card base with one of the images from the stamp set using Fresh Mint pigment ink from Mamma Elephant.
- On the Stitched Rectangle panel, I stamp the shoe image using the same Fresh Mint ink using MISTI. Then I heat embossed the image using glow in the dark embossing powder. I put the panel back in MISTI and stamped using versamark over the embossed image and heat embossed using the glow in the dark embossing powder again to get a go amount of embossing on the image. The more glow in the dark embossing powder the better it will capture light to glow in the dark.
- I stamped the star images around the embossed image using orange pigment ink from Avery Elle.
- The sentiment is white heat embossed on strips of black cardstock and adhered below the embossed image in staggered fashion to balance the tilt from the focal image.
- I adhered this panel on the card base using foam adhesives.
- I embellished using sequins from Simon Says Stamp Vintage Chic sequins and added Nuvo Jewel Drops inside the sequins in the colour of Orange Marmalade.
Here is a photo in the dark showcasing the glow. Not a sharp image because it is hard to take a photo in the dark. This photo shows the glow.
Here is a closeup photo.
So now it’s YOUR turn to dig out your embossing supplies and join in!
Do you use Instagram ? If so please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven’t subscribed by email you may want to so you don’t miss out.
You have until Wed 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
New creations only, please don’t link projects published before the start of the challenge, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.