This layout I made for http://www.scrapperswarehouse.com.au/ ‘s challenge on http://www.debscreation.net.au/
The challenge says:
The challenge this month for Scrapper’s Warehouse is as follows-:
1. This is a 12 x 12 Layout.
2. The colors to be used for this LO are- Black, Royal or Navy blue & Creme.
3. A B & W pic must be used- any size.
4. The LO must have Ribbon or Lace or Ric Rac or all 3 featured on it.
5. Charms, Flowers & Butterflies are also to feature on the LO.
6. At least 1 circle & 1 heart are to be present on the LO.
7. Your Title must be distressed in some way.
“Gracious”–[adjective] exhibiting courtesy and politeness; “a nice gesture”
I like this quality in my DD. I have seen and heard from school teachers over 2 years now about this quality in her which is very much appreciated in her by other children as well. In fact her teacher told me yesterday about one such incident at school and I was extremely proud of my DD. Yes, it definitely needs to put it in as a scrap page for her album.
Description of the layout.
1. I used a black background out of the black, navy/royal blue and creme colors in the rules. So my background paper is from Pink Paislee Office Lingo range.
2. Secondly I wanted it to have some texture on it. So I used Heidi Swapp Damask stamp on Blue Bella ink and stamped randomly on the background paper and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. So now the paper has a texture which is royal blue in color and very subtle.
3. Now I want to use the minimalist approach here. This is because I want the focus on the photo and the title and the journaling.
4. I used Kaiser Squadron Major paper both sides here for the layout. All the pieces are hand torn and inked with Bella Blue ink.
5. I have used a piece of scrap from Karen Foster paper from my stash and a journaling tag from K & Co Blue awning journaling pad, stamped them using Heidi Swapp Damask Stamp with blue ink and heat embossed using the clear embossing powder.
6. I have used the Kaiser Squadron Major and kaiser Thrill Seeker Explore papers and cut different size circles and layered them using double sided foam. I added a button in the middle to finish it off. Here I have flowers to match the layout. I have also added a Green Tara black flower with a circle in the middle and a blue heat embossed heart shape layered on top.
7. The butterflies are appliqué work pieces from spotlight. The charm butterfly is from my DD’s old bracelet.The flourishes are from my stash.
8. The title is from K & Co blue awning chipboard stickers which are distressed using Bella Blue ink.
Enjoy the closeups and leave some feedback if you like in the comments.
Thanks for looking