This time, it is a heritage or vintage layout challenge
The challenge says:
Create a VINTAGE OR HERITAGE Layout
1. you must use either a B & W pic or a sepia pic.
2. any size pic you wish.
3. no limits on embellies etc
4. no limits on the color you choose.
5. you Layout must have at least 1 form of distressing on it.
I looooove distressing. The technique I have used in this layout, I read it in one of the blogs. I wanted to try it for a long time and now I got the opportunity to give it a go.
Here is the description of the layout:
1. The background paper is from K & Co Blue Awning range. It is mildly distressed, perfect for heritage/vintage layouts. But I wanted it a bit more boldly distressed. So I blended Versa Color Blue ink and Tim Holtz’s ranger Brushed Corduroy Ink to distress. This time I used masking technique to distress and the scissors distressing on the edges. I have used 2 different sized circle templates for masking with the inks.
2. My photo–is a photo of myself when I was studying my post graduation. I edited it into sepia and antiqued it using software. I also distressed the edges and inked them using Tim Holtz’s Ranger Brushed Corduroy Ink.
3. I made my own journaling scroll using white card stock. I used a scrap template slightly smaller than the white card stock and used masking technique and Tim Holtz’s ranger Brushed Corduroy Ink and Versa Color Blue Ink to create a vintage scroll for journaling.I also distressed it on the edges.
4.I have used flowers from Green Tara of various sized all inked with Brilliance Dew Drop Golden Ink and layered using double sided foam. I have decorated them using the tiny chipboard flowers from K & Co Blue Awning range too. This gives the flowers the vintage look needed for the layout.
5. I wanted to use something more than just the flowers, So I stamped little circles from Daisy Bucket stamps, cut them using circle punch and distressed them using Tim Holtz’s Antique Linen Ink and Glimmer Mist Purple spray. I enhanced the stamped image using a blue glitter gel pen. These circles also have K & Co Blue Awning chipboard stickers on them for added interest.
6. All the flourishes are from my stash. They all had a shower of Glimmer Mist Purple Spray for the shimmer effect and also inked using Brilliance Dew Drop Golden ink.
7. Title is from K & Co Blue Awning Chipboard Stickers. Ohh………. how much I love K & Co Blue Awning range. I want another pack of it if possible. Will have to look out for it.
8.Blue ribbon is from my stash. Tied it around the journalling scroll.
9. Journalling says “We all have our own time machines.Some take us back, they are called Memories. Some take us forward, they are called Dreams. By Jermey Iron” I just loved this quote and it is so true. When I look at my photo in the layout, it brings back all my memories of university, hostel, friends and all the fun I had at that time.
10. I have used Kaiser Black Rhinestones for added interest on the flowers, flourishes and the title as well.There is a black lace which pop out the layers of the flowers and the distressed piece of paper under it.