November 7, 2008

Mom’s Sonflower………………….

This layout is for Scrap ‘n Craft with T’s challenge in www.debscreations.net.au

The challenge says:

Must use 1 large photo eg 5×7 +, can use more than photo if you want too
Must use ink/paint on the layout in some way

Must use ribbon

Must have metal on the layout somewhere

Must have bling

The title is to be different, inventive in some way.

Description of the layout:

1. Base is the Tangerine Coordination card stock. I have also used a large circle template and masking technique to get the circle on the orange card stock.

2. I then stitched the perimeter of the circle using black thread and I also added some beads in them.

3.I have used Glimmer mist and Ranger distress inks on bubble wrap to paint on the rest of the card stock.I have distressed the edges of the cardstock and inked them.

4. I used a piece of white card stock which is distressed on the edges using scissors distressing technique and inked. Then again used the bubble wrap on glimmer mist and ink and dabbed on it. I then randomly stamped a heart shape stamp with black ink. The Glimmer Mist provides shimmer on the piece of card stock which is now a pattern paper.

5. I then cut out various size circles from different PPs from my stash and layered them using doublesided foam. I then added some Bella glitter chipboard pieces, Kaiser purple rhinestones, some diecut flowers which are blinged with Kindy Glitz, some purple bubbles and a flower from my stash, to the circles.

6. I have used a metal flower embellie to the ribbon under the photo.

7. Photo is converted to B/W which is 5×7 size as per the challenge rules.

8. The inventive or different title here is the use of layered flowers with a tiny sunflower in the middle for “Sonflower” The other part of the title is made out of Pink Paislee alphas.

9. I have added purple Kaiser bling flower and black arrow, Bella glitter flourish as added interest and bling into the layout.

10. There are some black tiny flowers from Pink Paislee and a rub on from my stash as well added for interest.

Thanks for reading.




Thanks for looking

Hugs

Gayatri

November 6, 2008

Why……………..

This layout I made for my application for a CT position in debscreations.net.au

Description of the layout.

1. I have used “masking technique” on the Pink Coordination card stock. I have used ” Tim Holtz’s Ranger ink Antique Linen” and “Versa Color Carmelia” and blended them over 2 different pattern and size leaves to create the background. The leaves are die cuts from “SEI Windsor range”.

2. I have also used “Scissors distressing technique” on the Pink card stock to give the distressed effect. Then inked them using “Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Golden Ink” on the distressed edges.

3.I have used Prima’s Whisper Collection “secrets” pattern paper both the sides. Again distressed them using scissors distressing technique and inked them with Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Golden Ink.

4. I have hand cut two of my photos into circles, one large and one small and sanded them on the perimeter and inked with “Versa color Camellia” ink.I have also edited my large photo using soft focus on Picasa software.

5. Now, I cut a large circle out of a white card stock and distressed the perimeter using “Scissors distressing technique”. I also cut a circle roughly out of a scrap paper slightly smaller than the other circle, used it as a mask. Dabbed “Tim Holtz’s Ranger Brushed Corduroy Ink” and “Versa Color Camellia ink” and blended them using water. I also distressed very slightly the whole circle journaling tag and drew lines for journaling.

6.Flowers are from Green Tara, Prima and misc from my stash which I stamped randomly using the “Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Golden Ink” and heat embossed using golden glitter embossing powder to give texture and raised effect. All the flowers are mounted using the double sided foam to give the raised effect.

7. Flowers have button brads, Kaiser pearls of pink and chocolate color on them for added interest.

8. I have also stamped corner flourishes stamps using the “Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Golden Ink” on the corners of the Prima PP.Again for added interest and to coordinate with the other flourishes in the layout.

9. Rub ons are from “Basic Grey” and Die cuts are from “SEI, Windsor” range.The tassel and the pink die cut flourishes are from my stash.The chipboard title is from my stash bought from Kmart.

I think I have pretty much covered everything about my layout.




Thanks for looking

Hugs

Gayatri

November 6, 2008

Wiser day by day……… lol!! lol!!

This is for the Deb’s Bold Challenge at debscreations.net.au
The challenge says:

………………………..A BOLD STYLE LAYOUT……………………………..

with this LO, you must only use bold colours but with a B & W pic of any size you wish.

It is a free for all so get creative & try this style of scrapping!!! :D

Here is the description of my layout:

1. the background paper is from Autumn leaves, Rhonna Farrer. I used glitter pink gel pen to highlight the flourishes on the paper.

2. I used a white card stock and dabbed Green meadow Glimmer Mist and Orange versa Color on the edges and inked it with black Versa color.
3. The orange pattern paper (i do not remember which company it belongs to!) is distressed using scissors technique and inked with Versa Black ink.
4. the black flourish is a cutout from another pattern paper.

5. the photo is converted to B/W, wrapped with the ribbon and matted using double sided foam on to a green pattern paper.

6. The flowers are from Green Tara and the glitter flowers are chipboard glitter cuts from Kmart.

7. The alphas are from Pink Paislee range.







Thanks for looking

Hugs

Gayatri