Hope you are having a lovely weekend! All my friends living in southern California, hope you are all safe. I am thinking of you. All the videos of earthquakes are horrible to watch. So have a safety plan and keep safe.
Hello and welcome. I am Gayatri, a papercrafter. I have a set of four thank you cards to share today. All the products used to make these cards are from Simon Says Stamp. The process of making these cards involves a lot of masking and ink blending. Both of which are my favourite techniques to do. I throughly enjoyed making these cards. I had so many mistakes on one of the card. I salvaged the card though. Let’s see if you can identify which one?
This is set #1
I used masking paper to cut into strips of various sizes and masked a white panels using the mask strips. Then I used Simon’s inks to sponge and blend. I used Doll Pink, Jelly Bean, Lemon Zing and Orange Slush dye inks. Then I removed the mask to reveal the striped ink blended panels. Then I stamped the flower cluster image from Strangeness stamp set on the panels in black ink. The sentiment from Say It All Friend stamp set is also stamped in black for contrast. The panels is adhered on white card base using foam adhesives. A few white Nuvo crystal drops to finish off the cards.
So for the next set I tried a different pattern of masking and ink blending. Making the ink blending panels was easy. But I made mistakes after mistakes stamping the floral cluster and sentiment on one card. This was the last card to finish so I can go do some errands. Well… the errands had to wait extra half hour while I fixed the mistakes and save the card.
The process of masking and ink blending and stamping is exactly the same as the previous card set. The pattern of masking was the only element different.
This is set #2
Did you spot the salvaged card? It the card #1 from the second set. My panel moved when I tried to restamp the floral cluster on MISTI. I was so annoyed by it. So I stamped the floral cluster on a white panel, used the coordinating die to die cut and adhered on top of the mistake stamp image on the ink blended panel. Then I stamped the sentiment and that smudged! I was besides myself with the mistake. So I stamped the sentiment again on white scrap piece of cardstock, dried the ink using heat gun and used the scissors, I cut the sentiment adhered on top of the stamped sentiment on the panel using foam adhesives. I was happy that I fixed my mistakes and was able to salvage the card. Phew!
I am liking ink blending so much. This technique has become my favourite thing to do recently. And I love colours so this technique is perfect for me. Since there is a lot of colour already on the background, I kept the floral cluster image just black and white. Hope you like all my cards today. All supplies used to make these cards are listed below.
Thank you very much for taking the time to visit my blog. Have a lovely weekend!