Hello everyone, Welcome back to my blog. I have been playing with Altenew’s new stencil and stamp set today. Stencils are fun and a great way to add texture to the card background. Who does not love Altenew’s floral stamp sets? They gorgeous whether they are layered or outlined. The new Leaf Burst stencil is perfect to pair with any of their floral stamp set. On my card below, I have used the Leaf Burst stencil with Happy Bloom stamp set and coordinating dies.
Here is how I made this card.
- I trimmed white cardstock to 4″x5.25″ in size. I placed the Left Burst stencil offset on top left and bottom right and sponged from Cool Summer Nights set of blue inks in ombre fashion.
- Then I stamped the flowers and leaves from Happy Bloom stamp set on white cardstock using Altenew’s permanent black crisp ink and coloured them using markers from Altenew’s Artist Marker’s set A.
- Then I die cut them using the coordinating dies. I arranged and glue them into two clusters.
- I brushed the flowers using Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen.
- I placed these clusters on top of the Leaf Burst sponged areas on the cardstock panel and I felt like something is missing. Apart from the colour and pattern of the stencil on the background, it needed texture. So I placed the stencil back in place and sponged white embossing paste over. The embossing paste absorbed some of the blue colour previously sponged giving an icey blue textured background.I love it now.
- I foam mounted the flower cluster on top of the stenciled background after the embossing paste dried with little bits overhanging the edges.
- I adhered the entire panel on a white card base using foam adhesive.
- For the sentiment, I initially wanted to stamp vertically on either side of the white cardstock panel. But I forgot to stamp them and by now I had the flower clusters on foam and the panel on foam on the card base. It was too bulky even to be put into MISTI and stamp the sentiment. So instead I white heat embossed the sentiment on strips on black cardstock and adhered them vertically as shown. The sentiment is from Birthday Greetings stamp set also from Altenew.
- To bring the card together, I added drops of glossy accents.
Here are some closeups of the card.
I am in love with all the white space and texture on the card. The colours on the flowers and leaves just pop out of the white space. All supplies used to make this card are listed below.
If you like to pin my image on your Pinterest board, here is the image.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Have a lovely day!