Hello friends. Hooray its the weekend! Saturday morning for me. A bit relaxed and hence I sat down to blog. I want to share this card I made yesterday. This Modern Flowers die from Simon’s Friends release has been sitting on my desk for a few days. I got distracted while doing another project and this card happened! Can you relate? In the middle of making one card, I see a stamp set or a die on my table, an idea pops up in my head and I stop my first project I am working on, to get this new idea working into a card.
- I started with smooshing distress oxide inks on Neenah 80 pound cardstock panels. I used two shades of each colour and smooshed in layers, drying between each layer.
- I used the Modern Flowers card wrap die to die cut the smooshed panel out and trimmed the die cut on the flat side as it does not die cut on that side because its a wrap die.
- I used this die as a guide, drew around it with pencil on more neenah panels and hand cut them out. These are backing for the die cuts. If you layer just the die cuts, the intricate pattern does not allow the colours and pattern to show. And a lot of white is seen through the pattern. Hence they need a backing.
- I sponged all the backings with the respective distress oxide inks and adhered behind each of the Modern Flowers card wrap die cuts using glue.
- On a strip of white cardstock, I arranged these die cuts in rainbow order and glued them on the white cardstock strip. This allows time to arrange and move the die cuts to give equal spacing while gluing. I trimmed the excess white cardstock strip.
- I adhered this layered Modern Flowers card wrap die cuts on white card base and rounded the bottom corners using corner chomper.
- The sentiment from the You + Me stamp set is white heat embossed on two strips of black cardstock and adhered on top centre using foam adhesives.
- The card is embellished with Moonshine confetti sequins.
Here are some closeups
Love the intricate pattern on this die. And I want to use this die in a different way to what it was intended for. I am happy with it. Hope you like it too:)
All supplies used to make this card are listed below.
Pin for later reference!
Thank you for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day!