Hey guys, Welcome back. This is my second post for today. Here is my first post.
Today is the last day of sneak peek from Taylored Expressions February release. And today is my favourite day as well because I am showcasing floral stamp set and dies. I love floral stamp set any day. All the new products I have been showcasing will be available tomorrow Thursday 8th of February 2018 at 9am CST.
The first product I am showcasing is a die. Well, TE has a series called Big Bloom. This is floral series. Each stamp set has a large flower and couple of leaves. So there are seven set in this series. Guess what? now we have dies for them all 🙂 Hooray! Dies for all the Big Blooms. I jumped with joy when I first saw the dies. Many of you wanted die for these sets and now you have them. With the dies, the possibilities are endless with these floral stamp set. I have used Big Blooms Daisy and the new coordinating die for my card below.
Here is how I made this card.
- Card base is Sugar Cube TE cardstock.
- On the smooth side of TE watercolour paper, I smooshed WIld Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron and Peacock Feather distress Oxide inks. I did a few layers of them until I was happy with it. I also did some water spatter on them.
- Then I used MISTI to stamp the Big Blooms Daisy images on dried inks smooshed watercolour paper.
- I die cut the images using the coordinating dies.
- For the background, I trimmed a Sugar Cube panel to 4″ x5.25″ and sponged Wild Honey distress oxide ink on the top right hand corner. Spattered some water for texture and dabbed the excess off with a cloth.
- I adhered the daisy and the leaves die cut on the top right corner as shown using foam adhesive.
- The sentiment from Squishy Hugs stamp set is white heat embossed on Oreo cardstock piece and die cut using the Double Ended Flag die and adhered it using foam adhesives.
- The panel is adhered on the card base and embellished using sequins. I also added some dot details using white gel pen.
Here are some closeups.
I am so thrilled with the dies.I have another card to share but I will share with you next week. All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
I just used the outline images of the flowers and leaves from the stamp set to make my card. I did some inlaid die cut technique with some added dimension.
Here is how I made the card:
- I again did some ink smooshing and layering on TE watercolour paper. Again I used Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey distress oxide inks. I did three to four ink layering, spattered with water and copic opaque white ink as well.
- Once dry, I stamped the outline images from the Floral Frenzy stamp set randomly all over the panel. Then I used the coordinating dies to die cut them all out. I also die cut another three layers of the die cuts using scrap piece of white cardstock.
- I stacked glued the die cuts with the stamped image on top of all of them.
- I adhered the negative panel on a Sugar Cube card base and inlaid the stacked dies back in into place. This added extra dimension which you can see in closeup photo below.
- To make the die cuts stand out, I used zig clean colour brush pens to add shading and white gel pen to add details and highlights.
- Since the background is vivid and bright, I just white heat embossed the sentiment from the stamp set on Oreo cardstock, trimmed and adhered on top of the panel. The black cardstock ties in with the black outline of the images and brings the card together.
- Finally I embellished the card with sequins from Rainbow Bright sequins collections.
Here are the closeups
I love the bright colours and added dimension of the stacked inlaid die cut. Hope you like it too. All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
Hope you liked my sneak peek projects today. Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with a giveaway during each day of sneak peeks! Visit the TE Blog to answer Taylor’s Question of the Day for a chance to win one of the latest products before you can buy it!
For a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS on our Floral Frenzy Bundle! If you’re not a Crafty Points member, it’s free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you’re automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You’ll earn 100 Crafty Points on the purchase of our Floral Frenzy stamp and coordinating die set bundle! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CST on Thursday, February 8, 2018 and 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, February 11, 2018 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.
Check out TE blog for more design team sneak peeks and leave them some love. Tomorrow is release day. See you then with more projects. Have a lovely day.