Oh hello everyone, How are you all? Today onwards for the next four days I will be sharing Taylored Expressions February Release sneak peeks. I will be sharing two to three projects everyday for the next four days using the new products and all the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday 8th of February. I can tell you that this release is awesome as always especially some dies you will be thrilled with and is easter/ spring themed. So are your ready for day #1 sneak peek?
The first product(s) I am showcasing today are Block Party Bunnies Die along with Little Bits Marshmallow Bunny and Squishy Hugs stamp set.
The Little Bits Marshmallow Bunny dies are perfect size of the bunnies on the Block Party Bunnies die. So you can die cut the Little Bits bunnies and layer them over the Block Party Bunnies either bunnies facing you or bunnies with their back facing you. And the eyes, fluffy tails and ties on the Squishy Hugs stamp set line up with all the bunnies on the Block Party Bunnies die. So you can stamp them all at once. How cool is that? I love it.
What I did with this these is to make a colourful springy card.
Well I had my distress oxide inks sitting on my desk and hence I went to town with it. here is how I made this card.
- Die cut TE Rolling Clouds using masking paper and sponged Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade distress oxide inks on a Sugar Cube panel. Spattered with water and set aside.
- Sponged a strip of Sugar Cube card stock with Twisted Citron distress oxide ink, spattered with water and set aside to dry.
- On the third Sugar Cube panel, I sponged Peacock Feathers distress oxide ink, spattered with water, dried and die cut using the Block Party Bunnies die.
- On the card front, I sponged Wild Honey distress oxide ink, spattered with water and dried.
- Finally, I die cut a front facing bunny from Little Bits Marshmallow Bunny die and sponged with Wilted Violet distress oxide ink, spattered with water and dried. I also die cut a tie and several tails from the die, sponged with Wild Honey distress oxide ink.
- Then I white heat embossed the sentiment from Squishy Hugs stamp set on Oreo cardstock, trimmed and rounded the edges.
- To assemble the card, I adhered the Block Party Bunnies die cut on top of the card front sponged with Wild Honey.
- I trimmed the clouds panel and adhered them on top part of the card front using foam adhesive. Similarly the green panel on the bottom of the card front.
- I adhered the purple bunny on the centre bunny of the Block Party Bunnies die using foam adhesives. Added the tie to the bunny and Nuvo Abony drops to the eyes.
- I adhered all the tails to the rest of the bunnies and added a blob of glossy accents on them.
- Finally the sentiment is adhered as shown using foam adhesives. The card is embellished with sequins from snow flurries sequins.
Here are some closeups.
Love the colours and texture. The bunnies are so cute don’t you think? I love them.
All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
I love stamp and die combo sets. This one is my favourite in the series. I love jelly beans not to eat but for their colours. They look amazing in a big jar. Yummy to look at. Sickeningly sweet to eat. No! Don’t like to eat.Lol! Anyway, I made a shaker card using this stamp and die combo.
Love how this card turned out. I wanted to do a full on rainbow colours initially but I restrained myself to just four colours from the rainbow. Here is how I made this card.
- Card Base is Sugar Cube cardstock
- I sponged a Sugar Cube cardstock panel with Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade distress inks.
- Then I used the largest of the Stitched Rectangle die to die cut a panel and then used the largest of the Inside Scallop Rectangle die to die cut a frame. Love the scallop and stitched detail on the frame. I am using both the frame as well as the negative inside panel.
- I adhered acetate sheet behind the frame and trimmed the excess off.
- I stamped the Jelly Beans image using TE Cookie Monster, Lemon Meringue, Candy Corn and Granny Smith dye inks. I then die cut them using the coordinating die.
- I used the frame as the guide and adhered the negative sponged panel on the card front.
- The I adhered a few of the die cut jelly beans randomly on the sponged panel. The rest I just scattered on the panel.
- I added foam adhesive on the frame with the acetate sheet and adhered on top of the card front lining up with the negative sponged panel with jelly beans on them. Some of the jelly beans will move but some of them are adhered so when you shake, not all of them fall to the bottom.
- The sentiment is white heat embossed on the Oreo cardstock, die cut using the second largest of the Double Ended Flag Stacklet die and adhered on the centre of the shaker using foam adhesives.
Here are couple fo closeups.
Aren’t the jelly beans yummy? I love it. The sentiment is punny too 🙂
Hope you liked my sneak peek projects today. Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with a giveaway during each day of sneak peeks! Visit the TE Blog to answer Taylor’s Question of the Day for a chance to win one of the latest products before you can buy it!
For a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS on our Floral Frenzy Bundle! If you’re not a Crafty Points member, it’s free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you’re automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You’ll earn 100 Crafty Points on the purchase of our Floral Frenzy stamp and coordinating die set bundle! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CST on Thursday, February 8, 2018 and 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, February 11, 2018 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.
Check out TE blog for more design team sneak peeks and leave them some love. See you tomorrow with Day #2 sneak peeks. Have a lovely day.