Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Something New Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is
Use Patterned Paper
You may use store bought designer paper or you may choose to make your own.
We are showcasing Doodlebug Products this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
It has been a long time I have used pattern paper on my cards. I have heaps but I prefer stamping and using techniques. So this challenge pushed me to do something outside the box.
I used Doodlebug’s Gingham Linen Rainbow Petite Print pattern papers here. Also used the new Simon Says Stamp’s From the Rooftop Stamp set and coordinating dies.
Here is how I made this card.
- I stamped the image from From the Rooftops stamp set on the grey gingham and linen pattern paper from the Doodlebug paper pad.
- Then I used the coordinating die to die cut them out.
- For the background I die cut the yellow gingham pattern paper using stitched rectangle die from MFT. I also die cut green gingham pattern paper using the same die.
- I adhered the green pattern paper panel to the bottom on the yellow pattern paper panel.
- Then I arranged and adhered the grey skyline die cuts staggering one behind the other with the top layer adhered using foam adhesive.
- For the sentiment I simply stamped the speech bubble and the sentiments from the stamp set on the pink linen pattern paper, die cut using the coordinating die and adhered as shown. The primary sentiment is simply stamped on a strip of pink linen pattern paper, trimmed and adhered using foam adhesives.
- Finally I embellished using pink sequins. The final panel is adhered on the card base.
Here are the closeups of the card.
Hope you liked my take on the pattern paper challenge. It certainly made me try something outside my comfort zone and pretty happy with how it turned out. All the supplies used to make this card are listed below.
So now it’s YOUR turn to take out your crafty supplies and join in!
Do you use Instagram ? If so please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven’t subscribed by email you may want to so you don’t miss out.
You have until Wed 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
New creations only, please don’t link projects published before the start of the challenge, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.
Thanks for visiting my blog today!