The challenge says:
THE BASIC GREY CHALLENGE
IN KEEPING WITH THE MUSICAL THEME CHALLENGE FROM LAST MONTH, THE SONG TITLE FOR THIS MONTH IS……….
“PHOTOGRAPH” BY NICKELBACK!!!
THE CHALLENGE IS TO SCRAP A LAYOUT USING ONLY BASIC GREY PAPERS, BUT YOU CAN ADD ONLY SOME MUSIC SHEET IF YOU LIKE!
“PHOTOGRAPH” MUST BE IN YOUR TITLE & YOU CAN ADD OTHER WORDS TO MAKE UP YOU TITLE.
THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THE PIC OR PICS YOU USE
EMBELLEIS MUST BE FROM THE BG RANGE OR HANDMADE FROM BG PAPERS!
YOU CAN ADD BLING IF YOU WISH.
Here is the description of the layout:
1. Base is Core’dination Black card stock. I then trimmed on all four sides of BG Recess Philosophy paper, distressed them on the edges, inked them with Versa Color Black and curled them. I also tore a strip on the top left and bottom right side of the paper.They are distressed, inked and curled too. I then used orange thread and did Herringbone stitches on them to give an added intered of “being mended”!!
2.I used a rectangular piece of BG Sugared Precious paper, a smaller rectangular piece of BG Ambrosia Tangy paper and a tiny rectangular piece of BG Recess Test Sheet paper to layer under the B/W photo. All the pattern papers are distressed on the edges using Versa Color Black ink.
3. I used a long piece of BG Sugared Delicious paper and folded it either way and joined the edges to make a flower. The flower is then distressed using Versa Color black ink. I added a flower piece from BG Urban Prairie Chipboard Stickers on it with a heart shape bling piece in the centre to complete the flower.
4. The rest of the chipboard pieces are also from BG Urban Prairie Chipboard Stickers.I then used two cut out pieces from BG Ambrosia Marmalade paper and layered them on the top right corner with a flower from BG Urban Prairie Chipboard Stickers and a bling to finish it off.
5. The title is a quote which says “When you photograph in B/W, you capture the color of the soul”. As per the challenge the word “PHOTOGRAPH” is in the title. I have used BG Recess Nanoset alphabet stickers for the quote and used a red gel pen on it to give it a more distressed effect and to pop out of rest of the layout.
6. I used black color pencil and drawn some checks as background for few words. This blends with the background black cardstock and the photo and adds a distressed effect to the layout.
Hope you enjoyed reading.
Here are some closeups.