My 2nd DT layout out of Fancy Pants About a Boy Papers for www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au
A little background I want to share as to why I made this layout. My dear darling son Siddarth is a huge fan of Ice Age movie. He specifically loves Sid, the Sloth. We call him Sid- the sloth at home as he constantly talks about Sid and “Sid” is short for Siddarth as well. He can say the entire movie dialogue by heart and it is hilarious.
I love the movie too. Yesterday, Ice Age the Meltdown on TV was funny. My son specially likes when Sid says, ” I am fine, I am fine…….. I am going to die” and ” We are going to live…. we are going to die”. Some other moments when Sid says ” I am a genious, Mwah… From now on call me, Sid -Lord of the Flames” And the mammoth says ” Hey!! Lord of the flames, you tail is on fire.” Oh !!! there are many I love, It is just Hilarious. So I wanted a layout for my DS to remember about his crazzzzz for Sid the Sloth.
Description of the layout:
1. Background paper is Aquarium Cordination Cardstock which is distressed using scissors distressing technique and inked with Brilliance Dew Drop Black Ink.
2. I have used a small square piece of Fancy Pants About A Boy Chillin paper inside as the first layer. This paper is distresed using scissors distressing technique and inked with Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Black Ink.
3. The second layer of paper is Fancy Pants About A Boy Vivid paper which I cut into 2 different size rectangles, distressed using scissors technique and inked using the Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Black Ink. I have used the orange side first and the green side on top of it.
4. The photo is also distressed. I first punched randomly with a puncher and then tore the edges and inked them using Tim Holtz’s Brushed Corduroy and Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Black Ink. The edges for the photo is also distressed and inked similarly.
5. I used my Friskar circle punchers of 3 different sizes to punch out circles from Fancy Pants, About A Boy Peace paper and another paper from my stash. I think it is from Basic Grey. I thought this Basic Grey paper with flowers will fit in well. I have distressed all the circles and inked with Brilliance black ink.
6.The photo was layered on top of the pieces of pattern paper and the circles were also layered on the edges of the photo. I have added some Kaiser Rhinestones Black and Red and few buttons from my stash to the layers of the circles for added interest.
7. I have then added a brown lace and the blue pompom lace from Fancy pants as a frame to the photo on the other side. To increase the dimension, I have added a piece from Bella Glitter Chipboard Stickers.
8. The title is “Sid the Sloth” and alphas are from Heidi Swapp Lemonade Ocean Blue Chipboard I have distressed them and also used my gel pen to add few checks for added interest.
Hope you enjoyed reading the description of the layout.
You can find all the papers and few other embellishments
I have used here in this layout at www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au
Here are some close ups.