Well thanks for all those of you leaving lovely comments and all who are stopping by as well. Who wouldn’t love some nice words?Keep it coming.
This layout I made for www.tearbears.com.au
Their monthly challenge for Novermber
is to use a portrait photo
and a single word title
and some journaling.
When I saw the Basic Grey Ambrosia Papers, OMG!! I just love them. Loved the colors, grey, yellow, orange, red and black combo. I just wanted to have them initially, then I thought I will put the papers up on the canvas as it is and put it up in my office. But when this challenge came up. I was like, oh!!!!!!…… this paper will suit it very well.
The description of the layout.
1. The base is a black cordination cardstock. I have also used another couple of pieces of cordination black card stock and cut them into a wavy pattern using one of my fancy scissors.
2. I have used pieces of Basic Grey Ambrosia Papers Marmalade and Tangy here. Frayed the edges but no inking. I want the white frayed edges to show up against the black background.
3. I have used couple of orange piece of papers from my stash and frayed the edges as well. I have then layered all the papers including the Basic Grey ones as in the layout.
4. Photo is a potrait of mine taken by my dear husband at Niagara Falls in New York state in June this year. I converted it into B/W. I like how natural it turned out to be. Beautiful and Perfect. It wasn’t a planned shot but a quick sudden shot. Love my hair as it flies around my face due to the wind and mist from the falls. Well, that what the journalling says in a tag that is tucked behind the layer of papers.Photo goes on top of all the layers
5. I then cut out a circle from a dark red paper from my stash, frayed the edges and this time I inked them with Tim Holtz’s Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.I then placed this circle on top of the photo as in the layout.
6. Flowers are from Petaloo, Green Tara, Prima and the tiny black ones from my stash cut out of cardstock using die cuts.I have inked some flowers using Bella Golden Ink. Large Yellow flowers has Kindy Glitz Red color. For all the US readers, Kindy Glitz is similar to Tim Holtz’s stickles.
7. The red flourishes are cut out of cardstock using die cuts. The tiny white leaves I bought it from my local craft store. I have also added red sequin in the middle of the flowers.
8. The title alphas as from Pink Paislee Alpha stickers Black. I first used single word “Natural” as title for the challenge. But I felt it was not complete. I then added “So” in the beginning which then became “So natural”. Now, thats better.
9. I have then used Kindy Glitz Slick White to give the dots around the layered pieces of pattern paper. This really brought out the papers against the black background.
Thanks for reading.
Here are some closeups.